Staff Accountant - Open Position
Qualifications & Skills:
- Detail and deadline oriented paired with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Teams
- Proficiency using QuickBooks Desktop and / or Online products
- A passion for outstanding customer service and helping others
- Ability to adapt to and embrace new technology
- Maintenance and management of accounting and bookkeeping for a variety of businesses and individuals
- Preparation of personal and business tax returns
- Preparation of ancillary returns and filings such as Commercial Activity Tax, Payroll Reporting, Sales Tax, Workers Compensation Filings, etc.
- Establishing and developing a secondary relationship / point of contact with customers
- Collaboration with other Team Members to identify, develop and implement various solutions for our individual and business customers
Mayfield Financial Services is a financial services and accounting firm located in Mayfield Heights. We provide an extensive range of services to position ourselves as the advisors for our customers’ financial health and well-being. Our philosophy is different from other firms in that we take a team and integrated approach to developing comprehensive financial solutions utilizing the combined expertise of our Team Members. Our professionals work closely with one another because we believe that, “There is no expertise without collaboration.”
Our accountants are not required to track their time like most traditional accounting firms; instead we measure their effectiveness in providing value for our customers and delivering solutions that are congruent with our customers’ goals. Our customer base consists of affluent individuals and small businesses primarily in professional services.
The ideal candidate for this position must be a self-motivated, organized and detail oriented individual with a passion for helping people and delivering results. The candidate must possess excellent time management, problem solving and analytical skills as well as demonstrating effective written and verbal communication. This candidate is also a team player who values collaboration and has a strong aptitude for learning and professional / personal growth.
The individual will be assigned projects pertaining to tax compliance, accounting and tax planning. Success in the position relies heavily on working with the other Team Members in order to identify solutions related to tax management strategies, financial planning opportunities, investment planning, insurance needs and lending solutions. Management of the customer relationship and excellent customer service are at the core of being successful in this position!
It is possible that this position has flextime, compressed work week, and remote working.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
MFS continues to hold most of our client meetings virtually as we plan to reopen our offices to the public after July 1, 2021.
Employees working in the physical office have socially distant workspaces with the potential for flextime for each Team Member.
If you are interested in learning more and joining our team, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in MFS!